Our business model is proven, we have had paying customers from day one!
Now it's time to scale, join and invest in a company that make a difference. Tutero is a company with high potential to generate high return as well as tackling one of the biggest social issues of today. We give you the opportunity to invest early on in our expansion as well as follow our value development toward listing or acquisition.
- All investors are given a discount of 20% throughout a year, regardless the amount invested.
The problem this product solves
The shortcomings found at school are an important factor that contributes to an increased number of students experiencing stress. Students experience anxiety over their academic results and pressure from the labor market is also a contributory cause.
Many lack the tools to gain control themselves over their achievements, and states that they do not receive enough support from teachers, parents or relatives.
Tutoring outside of school is one way of gaining control over ones academic struggles.
How the product solves it
Nonetheless, tutoring offered today is inconvenient, expensive and restricted by time and place.
The solution is a greatly available tutoring platform equal to everyone, regardless economic situation, living location or primary language.
Let us introduce to you, Tutero. A digital marketplace in which anyone with the required qualifications can become an online tutor. This results in tutoring that is price worthy, effective and adaptive to each students' individual needs.
- Always open. 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Online based. Help whenever you need it, and wherever you are.
- On-demand. Get help immediately or book a lesson.
- Pay-as-you-go. Students are charged per minute and able to quit the lesson whenever they wish.
- Reviews. See what previous students have to say about their respective tutors.
- Several languages. Our tutors master several languages.
Product use cases
Tutero cover a broad spectra of needs, anything ranging from regular tutoring lessons in one or several subjects, as well as focused one-time lessons before an exam. Currently the youngest student using Tutero is an eight year old being helped with sounding letters in order to learn how to read. Further, the oldest student using Tutero is a fifty year old, newly arrived, getting tutoring with the goal to achieve a Swedish medical certificate.
Christer Myhran CFO & founder
Christer is a serial entrepreneur who co-founded Swedish success stories as Nord Surf, Nord skateparks and Glänta Design. With an impressive record of exploring segments which do not yet exist Christer founded, raised capital, listed and exited Toga.com during late 90´s. Christer is energetic, passionate and does only work with ... See more
Christer is a serial entrepreneur who co-founded Swedish success stories as Nord Surf, Nord skateparks and Glänta Design. With an impressive record of exploring segments which do not yet exist Christer founded, raised capital, listed and exited Toga.com during late 90´s. Christer is energetic, passionate and does only work with things that leave a positive footprint. See less
Camilo Blomqvist CEO & Founder
Camilo is a creative doer who loves to turn ideas into reality. He has vast experience from the retail industry within the fields of sales, distribution, e-commerce, marketing and brand building. He is the co-founder of the Swedish life style brand Nordsurf, where he was CEO for several years. Camilo ... See more
Camilo is a creative doer who loves to turn ideas into reality. He has vast experience from the retail industry within the fields of sales, distribution, e-commerce, marketing and brand building. He is the co-founder of the Swedish life style brand Nordsurf, where he was CEO for several years. Camilo moved around a lot as a kid and remembers how he often struggled to keep up with school. He has a bachelor in marketing from Bond University in Australia. See less
Jonathan Azulay CTO/Developer
Jonathan is passionate about programming and new technology. Discovered programming as a 13 year old and have since then focused primarily on web applications (SPAs, React, Meteor). Jonathan has six years of professional experience as a fullstack developer, primarily as a freelancing consultant. Studied courses within computer engineering and project ... See more
Jonathan is passionate about programming and new technology. Discovered programming as a 13 year old and have since then focused primarily on web applications (SPAs, React, Meteor). Jonathan has six years of professional experience as a fullstack developer, primarily as a freelancing consultant. Studied courses within computer engineering and project management at KTH. See less
Our Tutors Consultants
Our Tutors are the core of Tutero. An advantage of having a network of dedicated tutors is that you're never more than a message away when you need help writing social media posts, proofreading texts or managing customer service. We've just scratched the surface of what's possible to accomplish together ... See more
Our Tutors are the core of Tutero. An advantage of having a network of dedicated tutors is that you're never more than a message away when you need help writing social media posts, proofreading texts or managing customer service. We've just scratched the surface of what's possible to accomplish together with our tutors. See less
The target group is students attending primary school, high school, university and extended studies.
- Total available market: 2 million people
- Serviceable available market: 200 000 people
- Serviceable obtainable market: 100 000 people (354 million SEK revenue per year)
- Total available market: 6 million people
- Serviceable available market: 600 000 people
- Serviceable obtainable market: 300 000 people (1 billion SEK revenue per year)
Forecasts indicate that the market for online tutoring is expected to have doubled within coming years. In Europe no service has established itself as dominant - Tutero will fill that gap.
Sources: SCB, DST, STAT, SSB
Different types of players, including competitors offering tutoring in Scandinavia:
Tutoring provided at schools
Occur in big groups at the school in question, it is free and available to all students given they choose to attend.
Provide a similar arrangement as tutoring provided by schools, with the exception that it is conducted by volunteers and takes place at the organizations own premises.
Examples: Mattecentrum, Röda Korset
Private tutoring takes place at each students home, at the company premises, in libraries, and occasionally online. The online-solution takes place through Skype or a White-label-solution.
Exempel: Myacademy, Nova Study, Learnox, Mentornorge, Gokarakter.
Unique differentiator from competitors
Tutero is a platform that matches supply and demand more efficient than its competitors, making the company's offer more personalized and less expensive than what the existing market can offer.
The result is:
- The service is distributed only through the internet.
- The service requires no downloads or plug ins.
- Tutero is available 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Students only pay for the time they get help.
- Any unused time is refunded to the student.
- Customers can continuously see how much they spend.
- Teachers are paid after completion of the lesson.
Company revenue streams
Tutero works in the area commonly called the collaborative economy. The revenue model is very simple and similar to that used by Uber and Airbnb. Tutero takes a transaction fee of 20% on all transactions between student and tutor.
Eleven 100 kr > Läxhjälparen 80 kr
> Tutero 20 kr
*Teachers are responsible for various taxes and personal fees.
Since Tutero is online based, everything is managed online. Students can create accounts directly on our platform and start running immediately. Applying to become a tutor is also done via the platform, and a notification will be sent in about one day upon approval.
The following marketing activities work well for Tutero.
- Inbound marketing
- Advertisement through social media.
- Content marketing that encourages spread through social media.
- Sponsored tutoring (CSR).
- Refer a friend, earn free tutoring.
- Ambassadors, promoting Tutero.
- 2014 Development of concept, graphic profile and domain.
- 2015 Alfa version.
- 2016 Beta version, recruitment of coaches.
- 2017 Launch of site, first paying customers.
- 2018 More then 1000 completed lessons with paying students.
Next key objectives
- 3 000 paying students.
- Breakeven on fixed costs in Sweden.
- Initiate CSR-collaborations.
- Launch referral system.
- Employees 3
- Launch Tutero outside of Sweden.
- 20 000 paying students.
- Employees 6
- 49 000 paying students.
- 10 million SEK profit.
- Employees 10
- 88 000 paying students.
- 33 million SEK profit.
- Employees 15
- 159 000 paying students.
- 80 million SEK profit.
- Employees 18
Financing an internet-based startup is a long-term investment. The positive consequence is that the reward is bigger if the company reaches its goals. Being based online has tremendous advantages.
Up until today the operations have been funded by the company's principal owner Christer Myhrán. Christer has today invested approximately 2.5 M SEK in the company.
The costs for developing website and concepts are taken and the money raised in the ongoing round will be used to scale the business.
Use of funds
The costs for developing the website and concept is obtained. The company aims to use the money raised in the current round to scale up the business. Foremost, the money will be used with the purpose to build volume as effective as possible on the selected market, the next step will be to enter more markets.
The capital raised in this round will mainly be used for:
- Marketing. Create knowledge, credibility and drive leads to the platform.
- Finance an acquisition system with the purpose to connect new students and tutors.
- Organization. Complement the existing team.
Investors are expected to get a return on their investment through the following events:
- Dividend when Tutero reaches profitability.
- Listing and trading of Tuteros share in the appropriate marketplace.
- If another company offers to buy the shares in Tutero.
We challenge old structures and increase digitalization in a growing branch, there are always risks associated with this business model.
The main financial risks we see is:
- That it takes longer than planned to connect new customers.
- Similar services enters the market.
Having a slim organization and a highly scalable platform minimizes risks.