The Founder and CEO will commit a substantial contribution to this funding round.
Equity funding of US$ 0.82 - 1.37 million is intended to fuel our growth strategy, while strengthening R&D capabilities, business expansion and financial consolidation.
Conservative estimates anticipate our strategy to deliver at least 7x EBITDA growth by 2023.
Pre-money valuation is estimated at US$ 5.48 million. This is calculated based on careful business analysis. We also benchmarked our business against local, regional and international competition.
All offered shares are common stock, with one vote for each share. Ownership of 10% or more of total company shares will qualify shareholders for board membership.
The problem this product solves
Sustainability is the new norm! Our market is too fragmented to cope with the growing demand for creative, reliable, cost-effective energy saving solutions.
The UAE government is committed to sustainability, which is a major theme of Dubai EXPO 2020. However, private sector investment and participation remains a challenge.
The corporate landscape is trying to cope with growing "environment-friendly" demand. However, customization, efficiency and execution remain barriers preventing the adoption of ambitious Eco-energy strategies.
For most people, environmental challenge is a serious concern. They accept responsibility in helping to resolve it, but feel they pay unfair premiums for their participation.
How the product solves it
Trinity Star takes environment challenges very seriously!
We have dedicated our full capabilities and resources over the past eight years to apply the latest technologies to develop, integrate and deliver complete green solutions to conserve and generate energy.
We have joined forces with like-minded partners to gain control of our supply chain. Vertical integration allows us to customize environment-friendly solutions, while maintaining command over quality, pricing and warranties. A unique value proposition in a world of ever-evolving standards and tight budgets.
We engage and share information with customers to identify real challenges and explore creative ways to reduce energy consumption.
- LED and solar lighting solutions
- Water generation and conservation
- Waste compression, recycling and gasification
- Audio visual systems
- Atmospheric drinking water generator (air-to-water technology)
- Solar water heating (thermodynamic technology)
- Energy saving material for HVAC and air conditioning systems
- Energy saving reflective paints
Save up to 90% on lighting; 35% on air conditioning; 30% on refrigeration & cold storage; 50% on machinery; 90% on water heating
100% clean electricity: wind, solar PV and fuel cells
Save up to 66% on consumption (aerators, adapters and shower heads)
Air-to-water technology (simply water from thin air)
Product use cases
We specialize in customizing Eco-energy solutions that will save energy and address real environment problems. One of the success stories that we are particularly proud of is introducing and successfully installing our new solar water heating system (thermodynamic technology) to a particular client. It helped save 90% energy compared to conventional electrical/gas boilers (and 50% compared to solar water heaters). After this experience, our client, a UAE-based hospital, immediately engaged us to install a similar system in another of their Jordan-based facility.
Harish Mathew Managing Director
After obtaining a BBA degree in 2001, I started my career in investment banking. Gradually, the idea of sustainability started to occupy me. By 2009, I was totally fascinated by the Eco-energy saving concept. The idea of Trinity Star was conceived! In 2010, I worked with my close family and ... See more
After obtaining a BBA degree in 2001, I started my career in investment banking. Gradually, the idea of sustainability started to occupy me. By 2009, I was totally fascinated by the Eco-energy saving concept. The idea of Trinity Star was conceived! In 2010, I worked with my close family and friends on developing the business model and scouting for strategic partners. In 2011, the company was born. I proudly consider myself a passionate activists for the cause of our environment. I am focused, committed and enthusiastic about making a difference in the future of our planet. See less
Ashok Mathew Board Adviser
After 17 years of eventful and satisfying service in the Oil & Gas industry, I started Petronagulf, a consulting firm for international O&G companies with interests in the UAE and Indian markets. When Harish started debating the concept of alternative energy solutions with the family, we immediately decided to work ... See more
After 17 years of eventful and satisfying service in the Oil & Gas industry, I started Petronagulf, a consulting firm for international O&G companies with interests in the UAE and Indian markets. When Harish started debating the concept of alternative energy solutions with the family, we immediately decided to work on the common grounds between us rather than focus on the contradiction between our industries. Our cooperation resulted in my contributing to Trinity Star on procurement process, efficiency programs, project management, strategic tie-ups, etc. See less
Yogendra Singh Sales & Operations Manger
After obtaining a BCS degree in 2004, I started my career with Make Technologies (a Dell company). I have been part of the launch team for Dell's card payments system, based in India and serving US Home and SME clientele. Then I moved to Trouvay Cauvin Gulf were my focus ... See more
After obtaining a BCS degree in 2004, I started my career with Make Technologies (a Dell company). I have been part of the launch team for Dell's card payments system, based in India and serving US Home and SME clientele. Then I moved to Trouvay Cauvin Gulf were my focus was mainly on market analysis, project management and business development. I met Harish through his brother Ashok, and I was immediately attracted to the business concept and growth ambitions. I thought then, and I still believe now that our cooperation was the best decision I have taken in my career. I just love what we do. See less
One of our core products is LED Lighting. In 2016 the global market was valued at US$ 32.7 Billion. It is expected to grow at CAGR 16.61% to exceed US$ 120 Billion by 2025 (RESEARCH COSMOS).
LED Lighting accounts for only 37.6% of the total lighting market in the GCC region. Driven by growing demand, LED is expected to reach 56.8% of the total lighting market by 2020.
The UAE is set to lead the LED market in the MENA region (valued at US$ 2.35 Billion in 2015), which is expected to grow at CAGR 13% from 2015 through 2022.
Retail segment: Global household brands are quite abundant. However, there is still room enough for innovative design, variety and feature offerings at a competitive price level.
Project and corporate segment: Customized total solutions remain a challenge. Specialized companies with full vertical integration capabilities remain scarce, especially when it comes to large-scale projects.
Competition in the UAE and wider GCC markets does exit! However, too fragmented to cope with the fast growing demand for reliable, cost-effective energy saving solutions.
Unique differentiator from competitors
Innovation: embracing latest technologies and market trends to enable the creation of unique designs. Our facility in China transforms these creations to real Eco-friendly products and features that make difference.
Vertical integration: allows control over quality, pricing and warranties for all our products.
Capacity: unlike global household brands, we offer wide and attractive products at much lower prices across all segments.
Expertise: unlike competition, we offer comprehensive solutions to a wide client base, with specialization in corporate and outdoor projects.
Customer experience: we are among the very few market players with capacity to offer complete after sales and customer support.
Company revenue streams
- 40% B2B - Complete order fulfillment from design, production, installation and maintenance
- 40% B2C - E-commerce and retail distribution network
- 20% Trading - White label (OEM) offering for international distribution of LED Lighting
- B2B: corporate and project applications (hospitals, hotels, malls, entertainment facilities, etc.)
- B2C: retail distribution for "own" brand LED Lighting products (supermarket chains and E-commerce)
- Trading and export: OEM business model for our China factory products
2012: Successful handover of our first LED Lighting projects
2013: New product - water conservation and generation (air-to-water technology)
2014: New product - facade lighting (Eco-friendly beautification)
2015: First "over" AED 1 million order (facade lighting for iconic project)
2016: Increased our investment in the business
2017: Full inventory refresh (major old stock write-off )
2018: New product - Audio and visual Eco-systems
2018: First advanced solar heating project (thermodynamic technology)
Next key objectives
Series A funding allows for the execution of our ambitious growth plan:
- At least 15% cost reduction by driving efficiencies and synergies
- Optimize reliance on project and corporate business to 40% of revenue in 2 years
- 28% revenue contribution from new product lines in 2 years
- 32% revenue contribution from organised retail and E-commerce in 2 years
- Grow sales and market share outside the UAE, utilizing our strong strategic partners network
- Develop technical capabilities to enhance customer experience
- Strengthen current tie-ups with our Chinese factory and European principals
- Consolidate financial position to grow shareholder value (37% EBITDA in 5 years)
Seed capital funding has so far been provided by family and friends.
- Exclusive license agreement with MORZEN International, our assembly plant in Guangzhou, China
- Exclusive sales and distribution agreement with ENERGIE, a Portuguese manufacturer of thermodynamic solar systems
- Channel partner agreement with CITC Arabia, master distributors of the MaxR100. An active refrigerant agent for HVAC/R systems, resulting in the reduction of kWh consumption.
Use of funds
- Launch retail business and expand into new territories in GCC region
- Establish wider market coverage through E-commerce (Souq, etc.)
- Expand workplace and demo space to satisfy our growing needs
- Strengthen and further develop IT systems and processes
- Invest in supply chain management, storage expansion and logistics
- Invest in advertising and promotions to spread awareness and strengthen our brand
- Enhance sales support and merchandising materials
- Enhance operations and sales capabilities
- Expand offering through innovation and product development
- Worldwide trademark registration (class 11)
- A long list of very strong customers, in the UAE and wider Middle East region, is available in the attached documents.
After a few-year growth period, TST may offer dividends with the necessary board approvals.
We most definitely encourage our existing and new shareholders to hold on to their shares for the long-term. TST has evolved gracefully from a start-up to a serious player in the market. The upside is way much higher for those who seek value growth.
According to conservative estimates, we anticipate our strategy to deliver 7x EBITDA growth by 2023.
Furthermore, TST may consider M&A opportunities that will be carefully studied and decided upon by the board, if and when such events present themselves.
Competition in the retail and E-commerce segment:
- Retail is expected to contribute 32% of our revenue for the next 5 years. This is a strategic move to scale up.
- Developed a strong network of strategic partners, with extensive regional retail distribution capabilities.
Project complexity and payment terms in the corporate segment:
- Specialization in customized total solutions at healthy margins is key. Product diversification and geographical expansion are essential strategic enablers. Thus our focus on vertical integration
- Developed long-term tie-ups with customers and suppliers, who trust our expertise and capabilities.
The new capital will help accelerate growth and mitigate anticipated risks.
Investments in unlisted shares carry a risk. Your capital may be at risk and you may not receive the anticipated returns. This is not an investment advice. The estimated figures in respect of previous investments displayed on the website are based on past performance and/or current market conditions which cannot be regarded as an accurate indicator of future results. You should do your own due diligence or consult with a professional adviser. Among other risks associated with crowdfunding, you may be exposed to: a) dilution of equity holdings through further rounds of capital raising, b) limited possibilities of liquidating an investment, c) limited available information about your investment and d) cross-border risks. Please refer to our risk warnings. We collect personal data in the manner prescribed by law. We comply with all personal data protection and privacy laws in the markets we operate in. Information provided about fundraisers are not checked or approved by the DFSA.