For an amount of, we offer % of our shares at a share price of . The minimum investment is and the maximum investment is .
Select cook offers you to be a part of us. Our platform is finished and right in the time. We aim to revolutionize an industry and a profession. We bring chefs and customers together in an innovative way which hasn't been possible before.
- The market is expected to grow by 1200% to US $ 335 billion globally in less than 10 years(E&Y)
- We expect growth in line with the market (turnover of SEK 47 million in 2019)
- Exit through acquisitions or a note
- Scalable platform
- Low costs, high margin on each sale
- High return on investment when we achieved success
The problem this product solves
Time is money, in the big cities the stress increases and the time to cook food decreases. It's hard to find prepared meals, and the most food and restaurant apps are flooded with junk food. Today there is no app that focuses on prepared meals, and at the same time creates a relationship between the eaters and chefs. In our app we collect various chefs who are offering prepared meals and the users can easily chat with the chefs and order from them.
How the product solves it
If you’re a food lover & looking for the best chef community network, this is the right app for you! We have the best tools for eaters and chefs. We connect both sides of the kitchen: people looking for their favorite chefs and the perfect platform to promote your chef skills and creations. Here anyone can start selling food!
Chefs can choose to accept or decline the orders.
- Find the most respected chefs in their area
- Send private messages
- Review and rate each meal
- Order food for the day or two weeks ahead
Register as a chef or customer.
- Chefs create a profile with their own categories and menus.
- Chefs set their own prices and services like home delivery or just takeaway.
- For chefs, we handle the payment and marketing so they only need to focus on the most important thing, the food.
Customers only need to open up the map and see the nearest chefs available.
- They can chat directly with the chef if they have any questions or requests.
- Customers can order food for the day or two weeks to come.
- They can also rate and comment chefs after each meal.
Product use cases
Our platform will be used by:
- Home chefs who want to earn some extra money
- Chefs who want to strengthen their own brand
- Restaurants and companies that already sell prepared meals but doesn't have a real platform to appear on
We see that the customers will use our platform to earn time by buying prepared meals. They will be able to use the time it would have taken them to purchase, shop and prepare the food and instead use the time to do something they really want and care about.
Patrik Samuelson CEO
He has studied business development, sales and marketing. He is an entrepreneur who has started a business before and gone from idea to finished product on the market. He is a doer, when he believes in something, he gives it 100% and don't look back. His role in the company ... See more
He has studied business development, sales and marketing. He is an entrepreneur who has started a business before and gone from idea to finished product on the market. He is a doer, when he believes in something, he gives it 100% and don't look back. His role in the company is to manages the contact with the developers of the platform, economy and business development. See less
Claudia Kolitas VICE PRESIDENT
Claudia has a degree in media communications and photography. She is from a chef's family, she has a great passion for food. Under her childhood she has learned much about food and the chef profession from her parents. She has worked in the restaurant business so she has many years ... See more
Claudia has a degree in media communications and photography. She is from a chef's family, she has a great passion for food. Under her childhood she has learned much about food and the chef profession from her parents. She has worked in the restaurant business so she has many years of experience. Her role in the company is to take care of marketing, social media, website, and the layout of app, See less
Our market is very broad because anyone can sell or buy food on our platform. Customers can be families who want to save time and money, or career individuals who have no time for cooking.
Sweden is our starting position, but our main goal is global. We implemented marketing campaigns where we focused on both genders, between the ages of 25-55 in the cities Stockholm Gothenburg and Malmö. We believe that this is where the campaign will do the most good, and it will be easier for chefs to sell if there are many users where they are active.
Anyone who sells food today and aren't using our app are competitors.
- Wolt, Foodora and Ubereats, selling restaurant food with delivery.
- Mathem.se and Mat.se offering products and recipes with delivery so you can cook the food yourself.
- Saffroncooks and klaramaten offers cooked food boxes with delivery.
- Fooever is a platform that provides all the niches and not against any special target audience.
- Gastronaut and Wunderchef are platforms that offer homemade food.
No one connects food lovers and chefs together as we do. An open platform where individuals, professional chefs and companies can sell their dishes with their own delivery solutions.
Unique differentiator from competitors
We offer a user-friendly service for selling and buying food
- Select cook handles orders, payments and marketing.
- Users can rate the chefs masterpieces, which leads to confidence and raises the standard of the food.
- The service is free and chefs creates their own menus.
- We only charge for orders, making it inexpensive to start.
We will expand our services
- Chefs will be able to hire themselves out to events.
- They set their own prices which leads to more job opportunities.
We collect many different types of chefs (in one platform), which simplifies and saves time for the users.
Company revenue streams
- Select Cook takes 10% per order from our chefs sales as a service fee.
- The chefs will in the near future be able to rent out themselves and determine the price per hour and there we will also take 10% per order.
- In the future, we will also be able to earn money on advertising to users.
Our app is downloaded by users from the App Store or Play Store.
The payment solution we use in the app is Stripe.
How we reach out to the chefs:
- Restaurants and businesses can be reached through e-mail and personal visits
- Home cooks are reached by marketing campaigns on social media and advertising.
- Chefs are reached through e-mail, personal visits and marketing campaigns on social media and advertising.
How we reach out to the customers:
- Through marketing campaigns on social media and advertising.
- In the future, even through advertisements on television and radio
- December 2015 - The idea is hatched, and the domain name is purchased
- January 2016 - We found developers, a business in India and an app will be the best solution.
- November 2016 - App is finally finished with extra features for iOS and Android.
- November 2016 - We exhibit at Stockholm Food & Wine Fair for the launch of the app.
Next key objectives
- 5/1-18/2 2017 Get capital from investors to invest in marketing and development of the app.
- May 2017 5000 downloads and 30 active chefs
- June 2017 Release feature so that the customers can hire chefs from the platform.
- 2017 Establish ourselves as the obvious choice for selling and buying food in the sharing economy
- 2018 Establish ourselves in another market outside Sweden
- 2019 Establish ourselves in two more markets outside Sweden
- 2020 Exist in eight countries
Trademark protection in Europe 10 years 32000 sek
Development of platform and website 75000 sek
Other expenses, startup of the Business and marketing 32000 sek
Use of funds
- 90% for marketing. Mainly in social media and advertising.
- 10% will be used to develop the app. The function rent a chef and simplifying the app.
We have an awesome team in India and the costs for the development of the app are not so high.
When we exhibited at the fair Sthlm food and wine we received positive feedback from both private individuals and companies in the industry.
Exit through acquisitions or a note
- An established player decides to start their own version of Select cook
- Rules and regulations are being discussed to control primarily the housing market (Airbnb) and transportation (Uber). This might affect other parts of our market in the future.