Become part of the state-of-the-art IT platform that will support
sustainable and personalised production on demand, creating various
business opportunities in the local market.
- Proven and tested solution that attracts both consumers and professionals.
- Growing number of returning and satisfied customers.
- Extremely scaleable business model on an international level.
- Smart and passionate team with a proven track record from similar businesses and long experience in relevant fields.
- Cost-effective business model with high leverage.
- Business is growing approx. 75% quarterly.
- Exit strategy includes upcoming share issues within 5 years.
- Ambitions to start dividends in the fiscal year 2021/22.
The problem this product solves
The textile industry has long been the domain of the large operators.
They decide what we should wear and decorate our homes choosing
materials, colours and patterns, with a huge amount of overproduction.
Trying anything new and personalised in small amounts has required
huge minimum investments and lots of waiting, which has made it very
difficult for small companies and designers to reach the market.
Its also difficult for consumers to make personalised and sustainable textiles.
How the product solves it
We make the textile industry available to everyone by using a unique, state-of-the-art IT platform. We make it possible for everyone to design and create their own fabrics and textile products without compromising in quality or sustainability. The strength lies in taking advantage of the opportunities of today’s IT.
We are a facilitator and not a production unit, which means that we are always
able to choose the best solution for our customers nevermind the trends and techniques.
Our demanding customers keep us developing the service, new materials and products.
Web based platorm where customers can design and produce whatever they like,
at any given time and as much as they like.
- Customers upload their designs or choose from the pattern collection
- Choose products and fabrics
- All indvidual orders are collected and organised according to the chosen material on different canvases, which are automatically sent to the chosen production units.
- Fabrics for bespoke products are sent to local sewing studios others directly to customers.
Each customer has their own Elobina account where they can store and maintain their designs, reorder and share their products.
Product use cases
Elobina can be used by consumers, retailers, students, direct using companies, designers and sewing studios. It leads to a system offering sustainable textile production open to all. In the future we can extend to other production methods and materials.
Areas of usage:
- Sustainable and personalised home decor and clothing for consumers.
- Platform for passionate designers and small retailers to fulfill their ambitions of selling their own brands.
- Possibility for high end designers to make samples and test their concept.
- Make it possible for theatres and such to produce specific designs in small runs for their productions.
Vilma Gustafsson COO & Cofounder
MSc with background in marketing and e-commerce. She brings in 20 years of extensive marketing experience from retail, hospitality & attraction business, textile industry and e-commerce (from companies like Intercontinental, Levi's, Merlin Entertainments, Ljungbergs Factory, etc.). She has a very big capacity to handle several projects and tasks at the ... See more
MSc with background in marketing and e-commerce. She brings in 20 years of extensive marketing experience from retail, hospitality & attraction business, textile industry and e-commerce (from companies like Intercontinental, Levi's, Merlin Entertainments, Ljungbergs Factory, etc.). She has a very big capacity to handle several projects and tasks at the same time. She has been managing everything from small PR events to business startsups and is confident in her ability to drive any brand forward. She loves experimenting with ideas and content and has been involved in several digitalisation projects. See less
Jan Carlstein CEO & Cofounder
Jan has over 15 years experience of digitalisation and e-commerce. Latest position 7 year as Managing Director at extrafilm/smartphoto Nordic & UK, were he fulfilled the transmission from analog to digital with very positive result and took it from 0-200MSEK in digital sales within 5 years. At Elobina he focuses ... See more
Jan has over 15 years experience of digitalisation and e-commerce. Latest position 7 year as Managing Director at extrafilm/smartphoto Nordic & UK, were he fulfilled the transmission from analog to digital with very positive result and took it from 0-200MSEK in digital sales within 5 years. At Elobina he focuses on purchasing, the supply chain, financing and general support. With a background from both multinational companies (Unilever and Bonniers) and startups and turnarounds, he has a broad experience from all aspects of managing a growing company. MSc in Business and Economics. Feel free to contact him for further information; mob. +46 708 416561, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For large investments personal meetings can be arranged. See less
James Edmondson Head Elobina UK
James is Elobina's man on ground in the UK and is responsible for the operations and marketing of the UK website. James spent the first 10 years of his career in banking operations, latterly at Citi where he set up and ran from London an offshore team based in Chennai, ... See more
James is Elobina's man on ground in the UK and is responsible for the operations and marketing of the UK website. James spent the first 10 years of his career in banking operations, latterly at Citi where he set up and ran from London an offshore team based in Chennai, India. Looking to produce something more directly tangible he set up Fabrica Textiles in 2013, a digital print house dedicated to sustainable methods and materials. With three years hands on experience of printing onto fabrics James gained a wealth technical knowledge on textile printing. James is driven by a love of the natural world and embraces the opportunity with Elobina to make accessible bespoke and sustainable textiles - products that people really want, that they keep and cherish. See less
Magnus Lindgren CTO & Partner
Magnus is the CTO and the right contact person to discuss the great platform of Elobina. He has a degree in Informatics (B.Soc.Sc.) from Lund University and built his first webpage in 1996. Magnus have helped Elobina establish a world class scaleable solution for on demand production of textile. This ... See more
Magnus is the CTO and the right contact person to discuss the great platform of Elobina. He has a degree in Informatics (B.Soc.Sc.) from Lund University and built his first webpage in 1996. Magnus have helped Elobina establish a world class scaleable solution for on demand production of textile. This project have required Magnus to use all the knowledge he have gained over the past 20 years of web development. Magnus always strives to build the most efficient sustainable solutions with a long term positive effect. "We don't want to be called the next Uber, however, we would love for the next generation of companies transforming an industry to call themselves the next Elobina!" See less
Jonas Ek Infrastructure Guru & Partner
Jonas has a long and broad experience in setting up and maintaining IT infrastructure. His drive is to fulfill lean and effective flows of data. For Elobina he has set up a dynamic cloud solution, so the company is running on the most modern platform. The concept requires a lot ... See more
Jonas has a long and broad experience in setting up and maintaining IT infrastructure. His drive is to fulfill lean and effective flows of data. For Elobina he has set up a dynamic cloud solution, so the company is running on the most modern platform. The concept requires a lot of data power due to the the large amounts of pixels in print quality images. See less
Peter Saikko Graphic Designer
Peter has created the unique and compelling style of Elobina. He is both an Industrial and Graphic Designer. Both directions are very interesting and often work hand in hand. The ideas behind counts in all cases and the looks is mostly defined by function and direction. Peter also has a ... See more
Peter has created the unique and compelling style of Elobina. He is both an Industrial and Graphic Designer. Both directions are very interesting and often work hand in hand. The ideas behind counts in all cases and the looks is mostly defined by function and direction. Peter also has a degree in fine arts. "I want to create an Elobina feeling to everything, and do something unique and compelling." See less
Elobina network Network
Elobina have a wide network of textile designers, marketing specialists, sewing companies and individuals. All there to support Elobina with the growth.
Textiles will always be around and effect our daily life and the way it is produced is important.
- The digitally printed textile market is estimated to be more than €12 billion on a worldwide basis, which represents 2% penetration of the overall textile market (WTIN)
- The market of digital personalised textiles is growing 35% annually (WTIN)
- The percentage of consumers that are prepared to pay more for sustainable and personalised products and services is growing
Our initial focus is on creative, environmentally conscious, and digitalised customers.
Today we are active in UK and the Nordics + elobina.com for Europe
There are competitors on the market but nobody has exactly the same concept.
All our competitors are production units and focused on specific techniques and materials.
- US based Spoonflower is a market leader on pigment printing and fabric by the metre.
- Print unlimited from Holland is concentrating on the fashion industry, fabric by the metre with reactive printing.
- In UK their are a number of small players with one pigment machine and 3-5 fabrics. Some of them also do a limited amount of bespoke products.
Except for Spoonflower no one of these work with the marketing towards the consumers.
Unique differentiator from competitors
Elobina is a facilitator and not a production unit which means that we are able to choose the best solutions for our customers never mind the trends or printing techniques. We focus on the customers' needs not on the machines.
- We work close to our customers aiming to help them in every step of their customer journey.
- Our platform is very easy to use compared to our competitors solutions.
- We are able to easily add new products and material according to our customers needs.
- We are constantly sourcing for new production units that can live up to our high standards.
Company revenue streams
Elobina earns money from every sale on our platform.
- Our gross margin varies from 35-60% in average 51%.
- The average sales is €150.
Revenue streams for the future will also be IT service, logistics and other services surrounding the business.
We are also in discussions with partners about running our platform for other actors. "Powered by Elobina Solution".
- Our number one sale channel is our platform with 4 shops: elobina.se, elobina.com, elobina.co.uk & elobina.fi.
- Direct sales for larger clients. Special uploading service.
- Developing a special IT-solution for the fashion industry based on the Elobina platform.
How we reach our customers
- Clear digital strategy with focus on social medias (primarily Facebook, Instagram and bloggers/YouTubers) to reach customers.
- Personalised direct marketing.
- Encouraging our customers to be our engagers, since recommendations are our biggest customer driver.
- Projects with design schools to create visibility.
- Summer 2014: First Beta version of the platform
- Autumn 2014: First 100 customer reached
- Spring 2015: Market research - usability
- Summer 2015: New Elobina editor launched with elobina.se, elobina.fi & elobina.com
- Autumn 2015: Implementing of the new backend
- Winter 2015: Tech Crunch in London - positive feedback was given
- Spring 2016: The UK shop elobina.co.uk was opened
- Spring 2016: over 450 customer reached
- Summer 2016: New generation (3rd) of Editor
- Autumn 2016: First version of 3D editor launched
- December 2016: Showroom and representation in UK
- January 2017: My account launched with new features
Next key objectives
Strong marketing approach:
- Leading website for consumers in personalised textiles and products - In the Nordics Spring 2017 and in UK Autumn 2017.
- Autumn 2017 - a steady stream of orders from the rest of Europe.
- Spring 2018 - preferred supplier for retailers, designers, theaters, artists, design schools in the Nordics and UK.
- 2018 Co-running 3-5 other platforms in cooperation with the fashion industry in the Nordics.
- 2018 Continued international expansion with production on local markets.
- We are open for another capital rise if we find that appropriate.
- 2019: 10 million SEK in turnover and profitable.
Elobina has initially been financed by the founders' private contributions. Loan from owners has been converted into stock capital.
Jonas Sjögren which is participating in the role as investor and member of the board of Storytel AB and Alligator Bioscience AB in Sweden has been funding Elobina since 2015 in addition to the founders.
ALMI Innovations have granted research and innovation cheques. Together 130 000 SEK for researching the possibilities of a 3D platform and Fashion Industry platform.
We want to partner up with all our professional clients by having a relationship
that is deeper than an ordinary supplier / customer relationship.
We really focus on the customer experience.
- We are developing a platform together with the Swedish fashion industry and this can be duplicated into other markets.
- Deep collaboration with our production partners, developing new production methods etc.
- Co-operation with the Design School Beckmans in Stockholm.
Use of funds
To accelerate our growth
We plan to use the infusion of capital to increase the pace of innovation and introduction of new product offerings, and to fuel both local and international expansion - marketing,
2017 - May - Dec
- 42 500 Euro Marketing
- 5 000 Euro - Cash flow security (when sales are secured, sometimes there is a time gap between payments in and payments out)
2018 - Jan-Dec.
* 42 500 Euo Marketing
* 5 000 Euro - Cash flow security
With higher contribution we will accelerate the pace even more.
- Textiles for Elle Decoration Award Gala two years in a row.
- Kimonos for AMAWE that were showcased in the finals of the Swedish Idols.
- Clothes that were used by artist Lady Gaga and designed by famous Martin Bergström.
- Produced the fabric for exhibitions in the Textile Museums of London, Stockholm and Borås.
"Fantastic quality and really great that you were so quick" Amandah AMAWE Sweden
"Hello Elobina my hero, the fabric is beautiful I will recommend to everyone interested"
Trine Patinatur Denmark.
"We used your fabric for our sceneray clothing for for Mahognny. We are so pleased."
Michaela at Norrlandsoperan.
We aim to reach a value of the company in 5 years in the range of 5-10 higher than the Post Money Valuation.
Exit strategy includes upcoming share issues within 5 years.
Ambitions to start dividends in the fiscal year 2021/22.
The risk in Elobina is in timing. That we do not reach a higher momentum in time, and get run over by some new player.