English | Swedish
We have reached 100% in 1/3 of our campaign period. We have decided to accept more investors, overfund and do partial closings. Thank you all who want to be part of our growth and help us improve the world of finance. FundedByMe, the Nordic crowdfunding market leader, recently approved to be listed as a Swedish Limited Public Company (publ) and invites you to join the 544 existing shareholders in what is likely our last-ever crowd investment round. First launched in 2011, FundedByMe has gained over 65,000 members from 174 countries and has successfully funded 444 companies with more than €19.400.000. FundedByMe connects investors with deal flow and entrepreneurs with crowd capital and is well positioned to drive the global crowdfunding market to maturity. Invest in us today and join our growth. Our market is maturing fast, the market is growing and we are leading the Nordic race.
The round reached 100% and we're open for overfunding.You are welcome to book your investment with the big green button.
Join 544 existing investors with a minimum investment is 200 shares in total of ~€1,051 . The shares are Series B and priced at €5,28.
We invite you to invest in FundedByMe, revolutionizing the investment scene, and be part of our journey as we build our platform and fund the brands of the future. This is your only chance to invest in the Nordic market leader that also has subsidiaries in Asia and is a Swedish Limited Public (publ) company.
The problem this product solves
How the product solves it
FundedByMe has been growing steadily since launching in 2011 and particularly since pivoting to equity crowdfunding in 2012. Going from unknown to established in a very short time, the company predicted that the markets would change and that brands would look at alternative ways to fund their companies while investors would be different from the traditional ones - millions of regular people instead of a select few wealthy ones.
It took us 365 days to crowdfund the first 1MSK in 2011. In 2015 we raised that in 4,5 days and in 2016 we raise that every second day (on average).
FundedByMe is considered to be one of Europe's strongest crowdfunding platforms and the market is maturing rapidly. FundedByMe recently came close to a substantial investment from a large bank and Nordea recently validated the market further by entering Finland. Our strong brand, the market potential and global client base give us a great advantage ahead. However, the market is still immature this report shows that Sweden is at a third of the comparative percentage volume and that there is great room for growth.
More than 50 lead investors have invested in this round. Join them and let's change Finance.
Product use cases
FundedByMe offers a product helping companies to receive crowd investments.The product itself is divided into three services.
- Equity crowdfunding: entrepreneurs offer shares of their companies to investors. By tapping the potential of these ambassadors, the entrepreneur has a lot to gain.
- Global deal flow for investors looking to invest early in the potential next big thing.
- Crowd lending (P2B): companies offer to pay interest (between 6-14% per annum) for loans from global lenders. The loans are repaid every quarter and the loan length is between 6 months to 7 years.
FundedByMe has two important client groups:
- Companies in need of smart funding
- Investors looking for the deal flow
There is a clear gap in the market where both these groups are underserved by traditional financing models. By bringing these parts together and receiving support from our partners, we facilitate fast growth for companies by helping them receiving funding from investors who also become brand ambassadors.
We currently see a shift from early adopters to an early majority.
Unique differentiator from competitors
The JOBSAct in the US is finally being implemented. It allows crowdfunding portals such as FundedByMe to openly reach out to the crowd. The laws prohibiting companies to adress the crowd, not just a selected few, are being adapted all over the world to fit the new age of social investing where companies and individuals wish to adress their networks with every social media available.
We expect these changes to positively affect the entire market. However, FundedByMe will keep focusing on Northern Europe and South East Asia.
This fall, Trustbuddy crashed and affected the P2P market greatly. The Swedish Finance Inspection release its grassroots report since several new players have entered the market with great ambitions.
What makes FundedByMe different is that we are the local underdogs. Investors from 73 countries have investment an average of €6000 each into the company, making the platform global.
We continue to be inspired by Swedish Avanza, British CrowdCube and American Kickstarter that have changed the way we trade online, inspiring millions of people.
Our global pool of investors, with more than 65,000 global members, puts FundedByMe in a great position for carrying out cross-border transactions.
The Finnish campaign Marita Huurinainen received investments from 106 investor, out of which 73% investors where from outside of Finland. AddMovement (lending case) had 23% foreign lenders. It's not uncommon to see investors from Asia invest in the Nordic campaigns or any from the 73 countries represented.
The figures above with the awesome team we have and years of experience in Fintech gives us an advantage that we plan to use in the years ahead for our growth.
Company revenue streams
We are motivated to see our clients succeed. When they do, we charge an 8% success fee for equity case and 2% for lending cases (1% on transactions fees on repayments on loans). In addition, we receive revenues from listing fees and paying partners. We have tested different revenue models in order to reach the most profitable revenue streams. These will be implemented into Q2 2016.
We are blessed that we have received a lot of recognition for our hard work. Below are a few selected ones:
- Crowdfunding firm of the year
- Swedish crowdfunder eyes global investor market
- Succéartad crowdfunding för svenska dryckesföretaget (swe)
- Finansinspektionen ger FundedByMe grönt ljus (swe)
- Crowdfunding växer i rekordfart (swe)
- Finland passes bill on crowdfunding
- FundedByMe and UBER partner up at Malmö event
- Tekniktrender 2016 (swe)
- 13+ Hottest Startups
- 12 hottest Fintech startups
- Is Nordics becoming the home of crowdfunding?
- Top 10 crowdfunding portals
- Så blev svenska FundedByMe en Europeisk storspelare
Next key objectives
FundedByMe has 544 shareholders, that is the best award ever received!
- Crowdfunding site of the year by Finance Monthly Global Award 2015
- Hottest startups in Sweden by “Veckans Affärer” 2015
- Winner of the White Bull Bully Award 2013
- One of Wired UK’s top 100 startups 2014
- Winner Nordic Best Service Provider, Startup Awards 2014
- One of the top 100 websites in Sweden by Internetworld 2012
- Winner of Digital Winners award “No guts – No glory” by Telenor Norway 2014
- Winner of Sollos Memorial fund for “An entrepreneurial initiative worthy of encouragement 2011
- Financial Super Talent award by Veckans Affärer 2013
Our vision and strategy is to be one of the key business crowdfunding portals in the world with a dominant presence in Northern Europe and great presence in SEA. We strive to give entrepreneur access to capital and help millions of people become investors.
Use of proceeds scenarios and key objectives, Base Scenario
- Financing Nordics
- Product Focus/ Tech
- Financing until B-E
- Loan re-start after SEC greenlight
- Sales - rep programme
Use of proceeds, Growth Scenario
- Product Focus/ Tech extra
- HQ GrowthLicensing, incl compl off
Use of proceeds, Turbo Growth
- Six additional markets
- HQ Growth
- Product development
Investeraravdraget (only applicable for Swedish investors)
Investeraravdraget innebär att fysiska personer som förvärvar andelar i ett företag vid en nyemission kan få göra avdrag för hälften av betalningen för andelar i inkomstslaget kapital. Avdrag ges med högst 650 000 kronor per person och år, vilket motsvarar förvärv av andelar för 1 300 000 kronor. Investerarnas sammanlagda betalning för andelar i ett och samma företag får uppgå till högst 20 000 000 kronor per år.
Denna investering uppfyller alla villkor för att din investering skall vara avdragsgill enligt ovan. Läs mera på Skatteverkets hemsida här
FundedByMe has 544 shareholders, has received numerous governmental grants and awards by Vinnova and Tillväxtverket among others. The team and founders have given numerous speeches and keynote addresses and has received prices such as: Crowdfunding Firm of theYear, Innovation Talent, Financial Prodigies, Nordic Best Service Provider, The White Bull award and numerous other recognition both for the platform, the team, the founders and for successfully completed numerous financing round.
PS. If you want to see the team a bit differently in a funnier Youtube video, then check out our blooper reel here.
Use of Funds
This a new share offering. No shares are sold, thus all funds will go towards company growth.
The major goals explained in detail in the document section and in the pitch above are:
- Increase staffing sales to cope with increased deal flow
- Increased staffing development to ensure increased scalability
- Increase staffing marketing to ensure client attraction and retention
- Cement market leadership in The Nordics (equity + lending)
- Good presence and market growth South East Asia (equity + lending)
- Aquire additional licensing to increase income streams
- Mature company for IPO readyns (please note, no guarantee for IPO)