After validating our value proposition in the Spanish market, Wobybi is ready to take on Europe. We seek a €109K cash injection to invest in marketing in the 6 European largest markets. Operations will remain in Spain, from where we will store, assemble and ship at no significant additional cost.
Price per Share: €277.78
B-Shares Offered: 394
Issue Amount: €109,000
We aim to secure a 5% market share in the target countries by 2020 (€5M+ revenue, €1.1M EBIT). Your investment would yield a return of 17% by dividends or 78% by exit cashout.
The problem this product solves
Bike shoppers are frustrated with the limited options mainstream brands offer. Trendy bikes cost an average of €700 in our target markets.
How the product solves it
We give customers more than 850,000 different combinations through our slick online design platform. Our bikes’ average price tag is €270, half of the market average.
Eye-catching urban bikes. As easy as:
- Pick a model
- Customize it with colours and accessories
- Check out
Your bicycle will delivered, anywhere in Europe, within 15 days. Currently we offer five models of urban bicycles:
- New Triana:28 inch low bar city bicycle, Shimano gear 6-speed.
- Milano: 28 inch high bar city bicycle, Sturmey Archer gear hub 3-speed.
- SoHo: 28 inch high bar bicycle, single speed and fixie gear.
- Triana: 26 inch low bar city bicycle, Shimano gear 6-speed.
- Milan: 26 inch high bar city bicycle, Shimano gear 6-speed.
Product use cases
Wobybi supplies trendy bicycles for daily use.
Alvaro Basterra _Founder / CEO
Mechanical engineer focused on analysis, metrics and performance assessments. Became an urban rider during his years consulting on energy efficiency. The brand´s first and best ambassador.
Alejandro de León CFO - AnimaVentures
Economist turned serial entrepreneur after four years at JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley in Geneva. Success stories include carsharing startup Bluemove, crowdlending platform MiCrowd and Mayas, a P2P education platform impacting over 1,000 kids in Madrid alone. Recently founded Anima Ventures, a social impact company builder supporting seed stage startups with ... See more
Economist turned serial entrepreneur after four years at JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley in Geneva. Success stories include carsharing startup Bluemove, crowdlending platform MiCrowd and Mayas, a P2P education platform impacting over 1,000 kids in Madrid alone. Recently founded Anima Ventures, a social impact company builder supporting seed stage startups with capital and hands-on mentoring. See less
Jorge Yago Ecommerce Advisor and Co-founder
Restless Industrial Engineer that started his e-commerce career at Rocket Internet. Currently serves as Managing Director for Hoffman and Photobox and oversees our online strategy.
Dragos and Bogdan Gabriel Performance Analysis - Web Development
Our very own Romanian Rocket Engineer twins! Performance, metrics, code, analysis... you name it. Fast learners shaping ideas and technologies into real value propositions.
Jessica Bardanca Creative designer
Joyful surfer that manages content across Social Media and Press, as well as customer relations.
The Association of the European Bicycle Industry quantifies the European bicycle market in €6.8B, 80% of which is spread among 6 countries (Germany, England, France, Netherlands, Italy and Spain). This is a mature, predictable market which allows us to forecast growth in a responsible manner. Our goal is to secure a 5% share of the European urban bike market by 2020.
We compete with custom and non-custom bike manufacturers:
- Custom bike manufactures. Three direct competitors offer bikes that can be customized via an online platform. All of them have launched their business after us and are focused in only one model of bicycle. We offer five models.
- Non-custom bike manufactures. Most manufacturers produce large runs to reduce COGS but are not able to customize bicycles. Those that do not produce large runs, produce specialized bikes.
Unique differentiator from competitors
- Technology. Arguably the best online design platform.
- Lean operation and fixed cost structure.
- Financial agreements in place.
- Outsourced supply chain.
- Based in Spain, low human capital costs
- Backed by Anima Ventures on development, marketing and admin.
Company revenue streams
Wobybi has three revenue streams:
- Custom bicycles B2C: Wobybi sells, assembles and ships custom bikes to end users.
- Accessories and components B2C: Wobybi sells and ships bicycle components and accesories to final users.
- Custom bicycles B2B: Wobybi designs and supplies Wobybi bicycle fleets by means of individualized proposals to business clients.
Wobybi has two complementary distribution channels:
- Online: via an online platform in which the customer can design his own bike in an interactive virtual designer. We also offer accessories and components.
- Offline: we have an exclusive network of workshops across the country. Dealers offer the end user all the products of our online shop including custom bicycles. End users design, with the workshop support, their bikes on site. Wobybi delivers the customized bicycles to Workshops, who serve them to the end user.
During 2015, Wobybi:
- Doubled turnover
- Reached break-even during November 2015
- Improved the net margin from negative figures up to a 22%
- Reduce the structure of fixed expenditures from fixed costs to variables
- Secured deal with a shipping agent to ship around Europe for 15-20 euros/bike.
- Secured deal with CaixaBank to finance stock and sales during 2016 via confirming
Next key objectives
During 2016 Wobybi will:
- Close a fundraising round of €200.000.
- International Expansion. We will start marketing campaigns in our 6 target countries.
- Outsource the storage and assembly of our bicycles, components and accessories.
From 2017 to 2020 Wobybi will:
- Consolidate its presence in Spain and Europe.
- Reach €5,000,000 in revenue.
Wobybi started with €4,000 invested by their founders at the end of 2013. Since then Wobybi has raised an additional €180.000:
- Seed investment from the founders.
- ENISA (National Innovation Company, Spain).
- Anima Ventures: company builder.
- BBVA and CaixaBank
Use of funds
- All funds will be invested towards growth by means of new customer acquisition in Europe and Spain. During the past 24 months we have improved and optimized the customer acquisition process in the Spanish market, reaching break-even by November 2015, and are ready to expand our business accross Europe.
- We aim to secure a 5% market share in the target countries by 2020 (€5M+ revenue, €1.1M EBIT). Your investment would yield a return of 78% by exit cashout.
If you have further questions, our CEO Alvaro will be please to answer them. email@example.com |+34 600799638
Wobybi has received important awards for its innovative business model:
- The best business Idea of 2015 by Actualidad Económica, the first financial magazine in Spain.
- Top 10 start-up, Pernord Ricard Entrepreneurship School.
- Finalist for the Concilia Award in 2014 by Fundación Máshumano.
- Member of the BizSpark program for innovative start-ups by Microsoft