We strongly encourage you to get on board, we build super-scalable, pioneering tech inside one of the verticals with highest market potential till 2021. Highly valuable for content recommendation, our current focus, new usability schemes or business verticals such as marketing, sales or business intelligence.
What's more, we provide investors with favourable conditions: in order to protect you, the investment will be done using a convertible note with a CAP of 3,5MM EUR or a 30% discount.
The problem this product solves
Are you reaching the best people from whom to receive recommendations among the 2 billion users connected with a smartphone? Definitely no.
Influencer networks are the best content distribution and discovery channel that exists: 80% of word of mouth music, articles, or places recommendations are successful. At the end, the value of a network depends on the value of the people you interact with and the quality of the contents they post. Commons addresses both.
How the product solves it
Commons covers a market gap by building great technology:
- With a influencer recommendation platform that connects you to like-minded people instantly. Suggesting you people to follow inside Commons and in other services like YouTube, Pinterest, Spotify or TripAdvisor
- With a content recommendation platform that enhances hand-picked recommendations through our gratitude-based content publishing. Obviously, our engine distributes contents based on your affinity to others
- With the first Artificial Intelligence based on real people's personality, Autonomous Agents capable of interacting insed Commons just like you and me
Our influencer network is powered by our recommendation engine, which replicates the brain's basal nucleus, highly scalable, since it analyzes milllions of people, not trillions of constantly created contents.
During July 2015 we developed a content analysis engine. With this engine we analyze 500.000 user profiles and more than 4.000.000 contents in one month, from music, entertainment and travel sites. This, in addtion to our affinity engine allowed us to develop a top notch technology: Personal Artificial Intelligence.
Product use cases
Please, take a look to the following infographic, meet Raymond and Mark:
Álvaro Mata CEO
Serial entrepreneur, marketing oriented and one-man band usually. Passionate about people, teams, new business development and true believer in the startup ecosystem as social and economic engine.
Kiko Cisneros CTO
Natural computing, AI specialist and coder since his thirteen. Kiko founded the first movie streaming service (it wasn’t even known if it was illegal) - Películasonline.org, and other startups like G4M3 studios. Very experienced developer in a wide range of disciplines and key for the creation of our recommendation engine.
Camino Moraleda Creative Director
Our creativity. She has designed apps, websites, understands usability, has been graphic designer and even art director in campaings from Fanta, Beefeter or Orange. Superb.
Julian Alonso Developer
Iron Hacker alumni, Julian creates our iOS boutique app. He came from Agile Monkeys and Spain's Army, bringing to Commons expertise on app development.
Pablo Bonet SM Strategist
Our voice. Pablo manages our social media and relations. A bright professional with communication background that came to Commons from Curador Magazine.
Commons has a total addressable universe of +200 million users on EU and the US. Focusing on heavy-social services users, especially in that 47% of them used to content sharing and consumption.
Autonomous Artificial Intelligence, also called VPAs, are one of the technology trends with high market potential to keep an eye on, Gartner - the tech referent - says so, starting this 2016 for the next 5 to 10 years:
"While advances in physical smart machines such as robots get a great deal of attention, the software-based smart machines (VPAs) have a more near-term and broader impact."
On the other hand, due to AdBlocks (25% of internet users use them) there is an important rise of influencer networks and word of mouth recommenders.
Unique differentiator from competitors
We've been the first technological enterprise to use an affinity-based recommendation engine at the service of content discovery and consumption. This has allowed us to build our unique contextualized artificial intelligence.
On the other hand, we differentiate our technology through design, how we crafted our app is a clear example. Available on iTunes.
Last but not least, we position Commons aligned with other services, that’s why we are connected to +40 platforms such as Spotify, Instagram, IMDB, TripAdvisor or DevianArt and produce tools, our API, to allow third parties to use our technology and information, therefore generating a win-win situation.
Company revenue streams
EXIT in 2018 with a minimum valuation of 85MM USD, that's our model. To make this possible, this are our goals by 2018:
- +2.5 Million profiles linked to Commons
- 500 billion profiles analyzed
- 1.8 million Autonomous Agents (VPAs) created
We give market value through our mass market app to our user profiling (un-biased user information for data providing) and recommendation technology (usable by third parties).
Are we doing right? Our users, on average, connects 2,5 profiles and fills 6/8 of our forms. We have analyzed 500k profiles and 4MM contents. Our app has 6 minutes/session on its first release.
One of our principles is: always prove you’re right. We’ve conducted several tests, from the concept to the technology, some of the most important findings:
- Concept test: 34 respondents: 94% would use the app, 91% perceived innovation
- Affinity engine test: 1127 votes, 75% successful recommendations
- Alpha test: 21 focus groups, 94% of respondents would use the app
- iOS soft launch for Spain and Betafamily test: 800 users, 6 minutes of average session duration, 1-day retention: 87,5% (benchmark*: 25,5%), 7-day retention: 33,4% (benchmark*: 10,2%), 30-day retention: 17,2% (benchmark*: 3,2%). (*Average Retention Rates for Mobile Apps, July 2015)
Next key objectives
We will use the funds obtained with this campaign to take Commons into the growth stage, please take a look to the use of funds section.
Our next objective is to increase our user base to and usage statistics, in order to generate attractive metrics for the next financing round and technologicall partenrships.
Achieved funding, total of 256k EUR:
- Our seed investors from McKenzie, Groupon and Mapfre
- Our 63 crowdfunding investors from 13 countries, clsoing the 45-day campaign in 6 days
- ENISA (National Innovation Company, Spain)
- Spain’s Ministry of Economy: EMPLEA-TU subsidy
We’ve used our funds to test our user acquisition channels and marketing actions, lowering user acquisition cost to 2 EUR/user, to create a 6.000 fans community and obviously to develop and test our technology. Burning only 11K EUR monthly. The donwside? Growth is almost impossible a that burn rate due to the lack of strong marketing actions.
Use of funds
In the following months we are going to work in three different lines, burning 41K EUR each month:
- Marketing: increase significantly marketing expenditure to acquire 80.000 users in 6 months. Considering, 20.000 users are from organic growth, we expect to make this number higher. 37% of funds
- Development: Continue with our iOS App, releasing monthly updates, and the development of our Artificial Intelligence (Q2, 2016), 46%
- Stablish in the US, to generate investment and technology leads, 12 months. No marketing actions will be done for the US during this time, 17%
Become a part of Commons and grow with us.
Support is an important asset for Commons, and we’ve received a lot of it along the way:
- Phillip Morris, through their contest for entrepreneurial projects Hazlo Ahora. Winner out of 3.000 projects
- The Impulsando Emprendedores Program for Spanish startups
- Microsoft through their BizSpark program for innovative startups
- WebSummit 2015 (November, Dublin), where Commons was selected as one of the Alpha Class startups, selected out of 30.000 startups worldwide.
- Facebook, through their FbStart program, selected due to our development and growth potential (December 2015)