Investing in the fast growing technologically advanced company 4light can be very profitable. 4light is offering FundedByMe investors:
- B-series shares (1 vote/share) at €160, corresponding to a valuation of about €3.2 million.
- According to the financial proposal breakeven will occur in 2018, with sales totaling about €1.5 million.
- In 2020 the sales are estimated to €6 million, with a profit of €1.8 million. The value for this type of company could then be estimated at €20 - 40 million in 2020.
The risks should be limited as 4light already is established on the market.
The problem this product solves
The idea to 4light harnesses came to the Chief Designer of the 4Light products, Kourosh Mohadjeri, when his son came home on shaking legs one day four years ago. While driving his motorcycle he had been close to being hit by a motorist who did not see him. Motorcycling gives a great feeling of freedom, but unfortunately it is fraught with great risks. A major problem is the lack of visibility in the traffic.
How the product solves it
That night Kourosh started a product development in order to increase the visibility of motorcycles in traffic. The product is based on efficient LED technology and wireless communication with the MC electronics. When turning, the appropriate shoulder LEDs flash. When braking, the red rear LEDs flash. The result was a remarkable improvement in the way car drivers behaved in the vicinity of the motorbike. This also gave rise to ideas about similar products for other customer groups. In November 2014 Kourosh left a well-paid job as an electronic designer at Ericsson to fully engage in the development of 4Light.
The SeeMe line of 4Light products are harnesses equipped with LED strips, a battery pack and electronics. The LED strips are fitted on the harness shoulder straps as well as the rear strap and the breast strap. The color of the LEDs is adapted to the customer group: For instance, the motor cycle harness has red rear LEDs, orange shoulder LEDs and white front LEDs. White LEDs in general are used for both visibility and lighting up the area in front. The electronics can be combined with, for example, GPS, GSM and accelerometer, with extended functionality for different customer groups
Product use cases
The 4Light products save lives by increased visibility in both daylight and darkness – a lighted harness may be seen from several miles if the view is unobstructed. But the white front LEDs also illuminates the area in front of you, i.e. making it possible to work hands free. At present there are three main products:
- Biker - for motor cycle drivers, and drivers of scooters, 4-wheelers, segways etc..
- Worker - for people working in hazardous environment (road/rail/airports/construction sites, mines etc.)
- Trooper - for blue-light personnel, like the police, fire brigades, wreckers etc
Sten Löfgren Chairman of the Board, Head of Investor Relations
MSc, extensive experience in consulting and management. Has been running several companies in the consulting business with focus on the telecom and electronics industry. CEO of UCG AB
Tezha Mohajeri CEO
SW designer with more than 20 years of experience in the software industry. Has worked as a consultant in banking and finance, telecommunications, insurance and industrial manufacturing. Tezha has extensive experience in managing successful projects. Cofounder of 4light AB.
Kourosh Mohadjeri Head of Development
HW designer with extensive experience in hardware design of electronics and mechatronics. He is the inventor behind 4light's patent pending products. Cofounder of 4light AB.
Olle Stenberg Member of the Board of Directors
MSc with over 30 years of experience as an entrepreneur with an extensive experience of start-up companies. Founder of several companies one of which is OPIC, well known for a unique software used for public procurement. CEO of Asymetrica AB.
Peter Westman Member of the Board of Directors
Peter runs a gift & advertising company since 1988. He and his company has well established contacts with Asian suppliers which is a great benefit to 4light AB.
Bo Bängtsson Member of the Board of Directors
MSc, has worked in the semiconductor industry since 1973 in the field of production technology. Have started subsidiaries of ABB. Extensive experience in entrepreneurship and project management. Now serving as production/logistics advisor for 4light AB.
Magnus Hamberg Certified public accountant
Head of Parsells Revisionsbyrå AB
The primary market for 4Light products is the professional sector valuing the lives of their employees. At present only the Biker-version is aimed at the private consumer market, but there will more products for the consumer market later on – for example a cycle/jogging version.
Sweden and the Nordic countries are targeted first, then northern Europe, US/Canada and the Middle East, followed by the rest of the world.
The professional market in the Nordic countries is estimated at 30 000 harnesses/year, the North Europe market at 500 000. The Biker market is estimated at 5000/year in Sweden alone.
There are currently no similar competing products, but there are competing options such as reflective vests and headlamps. There are some simple and cheap LED products for pets, i.e. when walking your dog in the dark. There are clear indications that the sale of these types of products has increased significantly in recent years, and will continue to increase.
The 4Light products will of course be copied, but the company plans to remain the market leader by continuous development and integration of more intelligence in the products.
Unique differentiator from competitors
The SeeMe line of products from 4light are unique in the high visibility they offer to the person who wears them. The main competing option is the reflective vest which need an additional light source to make the user visible, while the 4light harnesses are independent of light shining on them.
There is also the benefit that the 4light harnesses are equipped with integrated white LED front lighting, making hands free work possible by lighting up your work area at a wide angle.
4light harnesses make you visible from miles away, while lighting up the area in front of you..
Company revenue streams
4light uses a B2B approach, mainly targeting big distributors in their sales strategy. This of course means that pricing to the distributors have to allow for the distributor/retailer and the retailer/consumer margins. The advantage of this approach is that 4light will be able to sell big quantities with only a small sales support staff.
At a later stage, selling to retailers and directly to consumers will be an option.
At present, the products are being assembled at the 4light Swedish head office and shipped to the customers. When orders expand, the products will be shipped straight from the subcontracted assembly partner.
4light achievements so far:
- November 2014: Recruitment of key staff started.
- 3 patents pending (Sweden/US) for technology used.
- The corresponding design patterns registered.
- Three main Products for sale, and more in the pipe line.
- A growing market acceptance from building/road/rail operators, and MC drivers/retailers. More than 180 harnesses sold.
- October 2015: A PCT application was made, enabling later patents in about 170
- November 2015: The Products CE certified
- February 2016: Nominated for the prize “Best Product of the Year” by the biggest builder’s fair in the Nordic countries, Nordbygg.
Next key objectives
The key objectives for 4light, after receiving fresh funding:
- Strengthening the market penetration, mainly by attending trade fairs in Northern Europe. The trade fairs have worked very well so far, the 4light products attracting a lot of attention.
- Securing distributor agreements for more geographical areas and business sectors.
- Refining the production and logistic process to enable a large scale operation.
- Continued development of the product line, for more product types and a lower production cost.
The 4light financing so far is done by dedicated people believing in the concept. Many of these investors have also supported the venture as members of the Board of Directors, tapping previous experience in start-up companies, electronics production, logistics, suppliers in Asia a.s.o.
- share issue in November 2014: 70 000 Euro
- share issue in February 2015: 62 000 Euro
- share issue in May 2015: 160 000 Euro
- share issues in December 2015: 300 000 Euro
- The assembly contractor Samhall has agreed to take on the logistics and product assembly at very competitive prices.
- KG Knutsson is the 4light distributor for the Nordic countries. KGK is a very large distributor of technical products (including accessories to cars and motorcycles) to big companies and retailers, and 4light is pleased with how the cooperation is developing.
- SafeTrack is the 4light distributor all over Europe for safety products to rail operators and railroad maintenance/service companies.
- Another major partner/customer is SafeRoad, a company specializing in road safety products for the Nordic countries.
Use of funds
- As described above, the new capital will be used mainly for industrializing the production and for marketing activities.
- To simplify an exit for investors, the Company plans an equity listing at a suitable stock Exchange by 2017/2018.
- In 2020 the sales are estimated to €6 million, with a profit of €1.8 million (estimated value of €20 - 40 million in 2020).
Don't miss out on this opportunity to invest in 4Light, still at an early stage and before the shares are available to the general public - lined up and planning for strong growth and expansion.
The SeeMe line of products received CE certification in November 2015. This certification is important for sales in the EU and in many other parts of the world.
Worker has been nominated for the prize “Best Product of the Year” by the largest builder’s fair in the Nordic countries, Nordbygg. The prize will be awarded to 1 out of 10 nominees at the Stockholm fair in April.
4light has been encouraged to enter the Worker (Rail) in the Train and Railway Industry Design Award competition, to take place in April 2016 in Italy.