Goodio Cools is a dairy-free, organic, all-natural and delicious alternative to dairy ice cream, only made from organic coconut milk, dates, vanilla and spring water.
We in Goodio love healthy, organic foods that taste and look good. We believe in the world’s best quality and complete transparency in our business, so we decided to walk our talk and started our company. Our superb chocolate factory has been up and running since 2012. This is just a warm-up, since we have more delicious plans up in our sleeve! And that’s why we are here in FundedByMe. Let us introduce probably the coolest thing since the ice age: Goodio Cools.
Goodio Cools Introduction
Goodio Cools is a dairy-free, organic, all-natural and mouth-wateringly delicious alternative to dairy ice cream that is only made from fresh, organic coconut milk, dates, vanilla and spring water.
Unlike conventional ice cream, Goodio Cools contains no added sugars, fillers or artificial ingredients. It is thus suitable for those who are sensitive to certain allergens, or those aware and interested about what they put in their mouths.
Goodio Cools is rich in texture and flavor-bursting just like premium quality ice cream. It makes people feel good about indulging without guilty conscience and stomach upsets.
Goodio Cools first flavors are easy to approach and familiar for everyone.
Our first four flavors are
Serving size is 120 - 130 ml mini cups. Later on we will bring more funky flavors with chunks and swirls. Also product size variety will broaden to 500 ml containers.
5 Super Cool Points About Goodio Cools
1. All organic. Currently there are not too many organic ice cream options (at least) in Finland, and no dairy-free ones.
2. Non dairy. 18 % of Finnish population suffer from lactose intolerance, and we want to give more ecological and animal-friendly options to milk and cream based products.
3. Only 4, all natural and organic ingredients (coconut milk, spring water, dates, vanilla). Other ice cream products usually have 13 to 18 ingredients, most of which are not natural. With additional original flavors such as strawberry, the ingredient list naturally increases - but only with more organic goodness.
4. No added sugar. Goodio Cools is sweetened only with organic dates, which are highly nutritious, have low glycemic index and are thus better option for blood sugar levels and overall health. You can read more about dates below.
5. We are small local company (2 international giants, Nestle & Unilever rule the Finnish ice cream market with 90% share). We want to be transparent and to give our customers the best there is without any compromises.
We are team of 8 people (5 men and 3 women). We love healthy, organic foods that taste, look and make good. We also believe in the best quality and transparency in our business, so we decided to walk our talk and started our company. After couple years of research and hard work we established our own chocolate factory in 2012.
Our portfolio includes
- Highly acclaimed and well received stone ground raw chocolates (Smooth, Velvet & Dream)
- Organic, sprouted trail mixes
- Smoothie mixes, energy bars (2014)
Scandinavians seem to be crazy about ice-cream. Finland tops in Europe and is 3rd in the whole world in ice cream consumption per capita (after Australia and the US).
97% of Danes claim to eat ice cream during the course of a typical year, a figure which compares with 96% for Finland, 92% for Sweden and 87% for Norway.
Non-Dairy, Vegan, Gluten and Soy Free 18 % of the population in Finland suffer from lactose intolerance which means the inability to digest milk sugars. According to estimations, 75% of all the people in the world have lactose intolerance after infancy.2 As special diets and lifestyles get more popular, there is an increased demand for products that contain no allergens and/or animal-based ingredients.
Core Values: Organic, local, healthy, transparency The organic market keeps on growing and going strong. According to estimation by Pro Luomu, the sales of organic food grew approx. 20-25%, and rose to 200 m euro in Finland. The organic market has been estimated to having grown even 50% during 2012. In addition to the organic sector, the demand for speciality products is increasing.
The market in Finland is dominated by two giants Unilever & Nestle. The market value of single packed ice creams in Finland in 2010 was approx. 100-120 m euro. Unilever’s market share was 15-25%, and Ingman Ice Cream was approx. 20-30%. Nestlés’ market share was estimated to be 45-55 percent.
One of our main target groups is the LOHAS-consumers. According to a study by Tripod Research, every third Finn is a Lifestyle of Health and Sustainability consumer. The study states that product characteristics promoting health and wellbeing – both our own as well as the globe’s – appeal strongly to some consumers. The raw material and ingredient choices, production conditions and consequences of usage are expected to be responsible and transparently informed about. These consumers make decisions that reflect their desire to live more healthy and according to the principles of sustainable development.
*71% of people “make it a point to buy brands from companies whose values are similar to my own.” *
With more and more special diets and increased food sensitivities and allergies, we feel that there is a void that needs to be filled with natural, healthy and hearty products.
Information about ingredients
Coconut milk Coconuts are rich in fibre, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 as well as minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous. Coconut milk is lactose free so it can be used by those with lactose intolerance. They also include Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCT), particularly lauric acid which is converted into monolaurin, an antiviral and antibacterial that destroys a wide variety of disease causing organisms. MCTs are rapidly metabolised into energy in the liver, and are less likely to be stored as fat. They stimulate the metabolism and are immediately used as energy.
Dates are one of the oldest cultivated and also sweetest fruits, which luckily don’t lose their nutritional value even when dried. Dates are high in fiber, potassium, copper, magnesium and manganese, and they contain vitamins such as B6.
Vanilla is widely known for its aromatherapeutic values. Besides its flavorful taste and aroma, it also contains important nutrients such as calcium, iron and fiber. Unlike vanilla extracts or flavorings, our raw vanilla bean powder contains no alcohol, fillers, or preservatives.
Where the Money Goes
- 50 branded (50 l) counter top freezers - 7.500€
- Marketing material, branding - 7.500€ (website, in-store promoting materials etc.)
- Ingredients, subcontract work, packaging materials, shipping (cold transport) - 35.000€
All the investments through FundedByMe go only to fund Goodio Cools. By buying a share of Goodio, you will be contributing in giving people a better alternative and a healthier option for indulgence.